Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Today started out so awesome I thought I should share it with you. I want to start off by saying I hate mornings. Dread getting up, wait until the last possible second before I get out of bed, and am usually late because of it. For some reason this morning was a little easier than most and found myself actually being on time.

I wake up Haylee, get her dressed, grab our stuff and head out the door. We are making great time! I am thinking I am actually going to be on time today. Hoorah!!!

We get in the car, I strap Haylee in, jump in the driver’s seat and… where are my keys? I check my purse... not there. I run back inside to check the table... not there. Hmm, where did I put them? Oh, that’s right. Jimmy pulled my car in last night. I wonder where he put them. Why don’t I call him.

Jimmy: Hi honey!
Stacey: Where are my keys?
Jimmy: Did you check the table?
Stacey: Yes!
Jimmy: Did you check your purse?
Stacey: Yes!
Jimmy: Did you check the kitchen counters?
Stacey: Yes! Should I throw everything off of them to double check?
Jimmy: No. What about the coffee table. Did you check there?
Stacey: Yes! Where are my keys???
Jimmy: I don’t know honey I’m not there.
Stacey: Well you had my keys last. Where could they be?
Jimmy: Check my shorts. They shouldn’t be there but check in case.
Stacey: They are not there. Ugh! Goodbye.

I keep looking with no luck. I decide to call him back hoping he remembers where he put them.

Jimmy: Hi.
Stacey: I can’t find my keys. This is ridiculous. I am going to be so late to work.
Jimmy: Giggle, giggle. I don’t know where they could be.
Stacey: You think this is funny!!!! This is not funny! Goodbye.

Next call is to my mom.

Mom: Hi Stacey.
Stacey: Mom I can’t find my keys anywhere. Jimmy had them last and I don’t know where he put them. What am I going to do?
Mom: What about your spare key?
Stacey: We lost that one a long time ago. I am going to be so late!
Mom: Do you want me to come get you?
Stacey: Yes!

Is all I have to say is I feel bad for Haylee at this point. I was so stressed out and she could totally tell and so she started getting fussy too. We get out of the car and go back in the house and wait for my mom. Jimmy keeps calling me and I won’t answer because I am so mad. He doesn’t stop so I finally answer. Here is a rundown of how our conversation went.

Jimmy: Did you find them?
Stacey: No!
Jimmy: I’m coming home to get you.
Stacey: My mom is already on her way. Goodbye.

My mom gets to my house and is trying to help me think of where they could be. She says, Stacey did you check his bathroom? That is usually what men do right before they go to bed. I tell her I already checked there. She tells me to check again. I go for his shorts again and as I pick them up I see something below hidden somewhat underneath a massive collection of magazines. What do ya know… it was my keys!!!

Really? How did they end up there? And furthermore how did my mom know they were there? When will I become psychic? Does it develop at a certain age or when my child reaches a certain age? At this point Haylee is over me and my drama so she wants her Grandma. She won’t come to me. She wants to be with someone nice and calm. Whatever Haylee get in the car! I love mornings like this.

After today I don’t think Jimmy will misplace my keys anytime soon. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like it when psycho Stacey appears. Who knows, maybe he likes it when I am a crazy lunatic.

I would like to end by saying thank you to Haylee for dealing with her mommy this morning and thanks to my mommy for helping me. Good times!

P.S. This picture was taken by Auntie Lesley! Thanks Auntie!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I know it was definitely NOT funny at the time but I am over here laughing my arse off. Jimmy and his bathroom.....=)
Doesn't it seem that no matter how early you are running or how much you plan ahead, something always come up (or gets lost).
Good job with posting!!!

Kristy said...

Another Post! YippEEE!!! I am also laughing my head off. Sorry, I know it is not funny, but the way you wrote it makes me laugh. We had the same sort of morning, only instead of keys BOTH of my kids lost their shoes & they both REFUSED to wear one of the other 20 pairs in their closet. It was lovely. Sorry you had a bad morning. What is it with your man & toilet rooms?

Unknown said...

Just call me SUPER MOM...
You are welcome...
btw-the post is alot funnier that it really was, phyco Stacey is kinda scary..

Love,
me

Kristy said...

It is time for a post little sister.