Saturday, January 3, 2009

you can do it...

I want to start off by saying I am the worst blogger out of all my sisters. The only reason I am preparing this post right now is because I don't want to hear why I never post again (at least for a little while). My sister Lesley deleted me from her page for goodness sake because I hadn't done a post since February. Who deletes their sister from their blog?? Lesson learned sissy...

Where should I begin? Should I start with how sweet, innocent, intelligent and funny my little girl is or should I get into the temper tantrum fiesty little girl I have? I guess I will start with sweet. Haylee is so sweet. She always gives us kissies when you ask and she even makes the kiss noise (muah) when she gives them. Not as generous with hugs but thats okay. I will take whatever I can get... She is so innocent. I watch her learn new things every day and she gets so excited it makes me laugh. The smallest things intrigue her and I find it fascinating. Anything from finding a leaf on the ground to realizing that she can color on a piece of paper without eating the crayons.


Doesn't she look so sweet and innocent
in this picture? Picture taken by her
Auntie Lesley. Thanks Auntie!

Haylee is so smart. I know we all think our kids are smart, but I really think she is. She is a talker or shall I say mocking bird! Everything we say she says. I can't believe her vocabulary these days. She says things like mommy, dada, water, ba ba, halloween, poo poo, no (of course), pretty, tree, moon, and her latest... I love you! When I tell her I love you sometimes she says it back now and it seriously melts my heart. Jimmy and I are amazed at the things she can say. It is truly amazing how she has gone from a newborn that didn't do anything but eat, cry, sleep and poop to a walking, talking angel. When I tell her let's eat she runs to her highchair screaming EAT.. EAT.. and when I tell her let's change your diaper she runs to her bedroom yelling DIAPER.. DIAPER..

She has learned the art of tantrums. Within the last month she has realized that she can not only cry, but fall to the ground crying while kicking, waving her arms violently and scream all at the same time. The first time she did it Jimmy and I were staring at her and looking at eachother like what do we do? She has been so good for so long we didn't know how to calm our child down. We tried ignoring her and that didn't work so then I tried to help but instead got hit by her vigorous hands so we finally did what any sane parent would do. We tried to distract her by showing her everyone's Christmas lights. Getting her in the car was a little difficult but once we started driving and showed her lights is all she kept saying was lights, lights. So we drove and drove finding as many lights as we could. Let me tell you, these tantrums are so much fun.

Is all I have to say is my mom was a rock star. She took care of her husband and 6 children of which she had by the time she was 30 so we are close in age, and I don't remember her every really freaking out that bad. I do remember her always saying something about wanting to go on a vacation, and we would get all excited wondering where we were going, and then she would mumble something under her breathe about wanting a vacation away from kids, but who can blame her? I surely don't. I'm surprised she is still sane.

This picture is for you mom (for having to put up with
all of us)! This picture is also for Grandma Bea...
Happy Birthday Grandma!!! Picture taken by Auntie
Lesley. Thanks Auntie!!!

I think this post is long enough now. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Stacey, I think my mom skills rubbed off on all of my daughters, and daughter-in-law.. I think all of you are wonderful mothers.. As for the vacation without kids, I would have ended up taking all of you with me, such a sap I am.... Your blog is so cute and I love that pic of Haley..

love,
me

Lesley Barr Photography said...

HOLY SH*T! You updated. And before everybody gets their panties in a bunch, I only deleted her blog for one day and then I put it back. I mean, for goodness sake, an update every 6 months DOES NOT count as keeping a blog. heehee.

Very nice post sissy, Haylee will really love reading back on this one day and seeing how fun she was at this age. And she does talk really well, better than Heaten. =)

Angela said...

Yay! TWO new posts. H is growing up so fast. I, too, can't believe how great she talks.
Mom is my hero.=)