Monday, January 12, 2009

can i catch a break...


Photo taken by Auntie Kristy.. Thank you Auntie Kristy!

I decided I wanted to take off a little time around the holidays because I haven't taken off any time (other than I have Fridays off which I absolutely love). So I thought what a great idea taking off some time but only using a few vacation days because we are off a few days anyway. So I took off the week of New Year's which ended up being from Thursday 12/25/08 to Sunday 01/04/08. It was awesome!!!!

Haylee and I had so much fun hanging out. We went to Auntie Dara's to see her and the boys and she gave Haylee the coolest little table and chairs for her to sit and color at. Then we had a little photo shoot with Auntie Lesley so she could get some more pictures of Haylee since the first go around didn't go so well (other post to come about her shoot). We also had some momma, daddy and Haylee time since he was off from Thursday 1/1/08 to Sunday. Life couldn't have been better. I was able to sleep in EVERY day until about 8am. I really couldn't ask for more.

So Monday morning came and it was time to go to work. Boo!!! So we head off to Kelly's so I can drop my little bean off and get to work. Let me tell you. It was already getting a little hard dropping her off because she would get fussy, but that did not compare to how she was on Monday. She was wrapping her legs around me so I could not put her down. She would cry when Kelly was trying to take her (and she likes Kelly), and she kept saying "NO WAY"... break my heart, stomp on it, and then throw it in the garbage. It sucked!!! I finally told Kelly to just take her because I had to get to work (and of course was already late) and I left with her crying. Kelly said she stopped soon after I left which is good, but I can't take that everyday. I already hate leaving her as it is, please Haylee... don't make it harder.

I will say today was a little easier thanks to Auntie Kristy. She gave me a toy puppy that talks on Saturday when I saw her and I left it in my car. Today when we got in the car Haylee saw it and immediately wanted it. She was talking with it and laughing at it and when it said "I love you" she said "I love you" back to it. It was so darn cute! So when I got to Kelly's I decided to bring the toy in with us since it was such a hit in the car. She was just hugging it so I set her down and she was fine. Then I walked to the door and told her bye and she just kept hugging the puppy. I think that is her new best friend! Thank you Auntie Kristy... You saved my life today!!

So I am officially done whining and seriously need to get to work. My next post is on her photo shoot because her pictures turned out awesome thanks to her Auntie Lesley... Stay tuned!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the page. And the picture of Haylee is so cute. Glad to see you are posting more.

Angela said...

Aw Sis I can't imagine how MUCH harder it is for you to drop her off when she cries for her Mama. So glad the doggie helped!
Love you.

Unknown said...

Sometimes being the mom is harder than being the child...
Sorry for the sad day....

Love ya,
mom

Kristy said...

I am so sorry!! That would be so hard! I can't imagine how it makes you r heart break!! At least you know you are a good Mama because she is addicted to you!! I am glad the Puppy helped!! Good luck, I hope she gets better for you, if not maybe we can spank her:) She is such a sweetie:)