Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How the Tables have Turned...


Ever since Haylee was a baby she has loved her mommy and daddy, but she has pretty much always wanted me to hold her from naptime, and would cry when I would leave. Jimmy has always been the fun, playful daddy. Haylee loves it, but sometimes gets sick of him messing with her and comes running to me. Obviously Jimmy loves that Haylee loves her mommy, but I think sometimes it has hurt his feelings when she always wanted to come to me.

Well, the tables have now turned. All weekend long her new line was "hi daddy". She said it ALL day EVERY day. It is actually really cute the way she says it and I think it makes Jimmy feel good. Then she decided she wanted daddy instead of mommy and opened her arms for him to hold her. After that we had to take him to pick up his blazer. When I dropped him off she started flipping out. Crying and screaming yelling "daddy"!! I think he was in shock. I think I was in shock. It is so precious seeing her addicted to her daddy, but a part of me is sad that she isn't addicted to me anymore... I asked him why she loves him and not me. His answer was "I give her m&m's. If you start giving her m&m's she will love you"! He wasn't even trying to be funny but it cracked me up!

This post is for Jimmy. I want him to know how much his girls love him. I don't know what we would do without his constant humor and playful jokes. He is the best dad and boyfriend a girl could ask for... We love you!

P.S. This picture was taken by my sister Lesley. Isn't she good... BTW, Jimmy isn't going to like me posting this picture. Sorry honey but this is the most recent picture that we have.

3 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

That is so sweet. Shenzie has always been a Mama's girl and Heaten a Daddy's boy. Tell Jimmy at least he was rockin' his MANLY beard!!! Tttsss. Hot like fire!

Angela said...

Awwww..sweet post Sissie! Jimmy is such a good Daddy.
As you know M is a total Daddy's girl, so I know exactly how you feel...bittersweet.
Yes, you two are so lucky to have him!

Kristy said...

I totally know how you you feel!! I have 3 & 1 of them is ummmm, 1/2 Momma's Boy. The other 2 & 1/2 of him are ALL about their Daddy!!!
You are lucky, we have all been so blessed with such helpful, loving wonderful Daddy's!!! Remember the M&M's :)
Jimmy cracks me up !!!!